Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dream Prayer

I woke up abruptly from a dream this morning, usually a good indication God wanted me to pay attention! The dream seemed insignificant except for on e aspect: I prayed in the dream. It was for a "fat kid" that was being picked on at a school. I prayed for God's protection and peace. And then I woke up.

I woke up with a lot of questions:
Who was the "fat kid"?
Do prayers in dreams work? (Duh!)
Why did God want me to remember this dream?

The answers I've received so far are:
I am/was the fat kid. Often picked on in school, I never thought to pray for protection back then - too bad!
Of course, God is not bound by time or the consciousness state of one of his children - the dream "worked" for whatever purpose God had in mind.
The reason is so I would ponder God and all his amazing techniques for saying "Pay attention to me!"

Paying attention is becoming a way of life for me, Father. But I need the reminders! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment