Saturday, September 1, 2012

John 11:40

I wanted to expand on my previous post, mainly to see if I could disect the scripture further and clarify it in my mind.

THe scripture is John 11:40


Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”

(Context: Jesus is about to resurrect Lazarus from death and Mary questions the intelligence of this plan due to the possible stench of decomposition.)

My take (with help from “Gill’s Exposition”, et al): Jesus expresses a touch of frustration at Mary’s unbelief since he has already told her to believe in him. And he intimates that by exercising her faith (by believing her brother will be raised), she will have a renewed ability to truly believe Jesus is the son of God. Also, those who exercise their faith often will see the glory of God often – in provision and promises.

My situation: I was struggling with the pain in my heels, inconsistent and hard to nail down the cause of (I pretty much avoid doctors, so it was between me and my Physician) and was about ready to give up my running. But when I sent in the registration for the half-marathon – in effect exercising my faith – I felt in my spirit Jesus telling me, “I’ve been telling you all along that it would be okay. You just had to believe!”

My application: I am believing!! And the pain is diminishing daily. I continue to train for th ehalf-marathon and am believing that there is no stopping me now. I am standing in faith that I will see the glory of God in the continued resurrection of my body from the several decades of obesity death in which I had buried it.

Other notes:

*to "see the glory of God", is to see Christ

*Mark 9:23 …"Everything is possible for him who believes."

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment